winapi_stats

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Apr 1 14:40:02 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, hatky wrote:

> As I see you are the only one checking my patches

Well, I know it can be tricky to get the statistics just right. My
stats were not 100% correct the first time around either (and they may
still not be).

> please check
> http://hatky.myz.info/wine/site/winapi_stats
> and see if it's ok and it there are any more changes needed

Did you find what caused the API count discrepency for winearts.drv and
others?

I checked a bigger dll: user32 and got slightly different results. I
believe this is because your script worked on a slightly older version
of Wine.

In any case, here is how I checked so you can verify a few other dlls.
Count various categories of lines:

 * wc -l user32.spec
   744

 * egrep '^#' user32.spec | wc -l
   43

 * egrep '^ *$' user32.spec | wc -l
   5

 * egrep '^@ stdcall' user32.spec | wc -l
   630

 * egrep '^@ cdecl' user32.spec | wc -l
   21

 * egrep '^@ varargs' user32.spec | wc -l
   2

 * egrep '^@ stub' user32.spec | wc -l
   43

 * egrep '^@' user32.spec |wc -l
   696

Now let's do some checks:

 * 696=630+21+2+43
   This tells us that we did not miss any API type. Good.

 * 696=744-43-5
   This tells us that we took into account all the lines.

 * Then check 696 against the 'API Count' on the statistics page. You
have 692 which is consistent with version 1.84 of user32.spec.

 * And check 43 against the 'Real Stubs' on the statistics page.  You
have 40 which is also consistent with version 1.84 of user32.spec.

So user32 seems to be ok. crtdll and msvcrt would be nice dlls to check:
they have extern APIs that might be miscounted (they also used to have
forward APIs which caused me some trouble in the past).

        War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.