Should winemaker be able to handle this

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Apr 2 12:46:06 CST 2004

I haven't been following the winemaker stuff so I don't know whether it is
supposed to be able to handle this (and is broken) or not.

I am having to play with the "build a builtin dll to wrap a linux so" concept
again after a year or so since the last time, as discussed in the Winlib
manual, chapter 5.

I see that winemaker has changed since then.  In particular the bit that is
not working for my case is the -D, -I, -L and -l options.

What I want is to run winemaker to generate the build environment and then do
the build.

What I used toi have was:
#! /bin/bash
# Run this script in order to pass the correct arguments to winemaker so that
# it can set up the build environment
winemaker --nosource-fix --nogenerated-specs --dll --single-target mytarget
--nomfc -DMY_SETTING -I$MY_INC_DIR -L$MY_LIB_DIR -lmylinuxso .

I see that we don't bother with generating spec files any longer.  However I
see that the -D, -I, -L and -l options don't find their way into the Makefile
these days.  Is that by design or a bug?  (i.e. do I have to fix winemaker or
do I need to look at a different way of doing it)

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed