When saving a file with staroffice it is not saving with extension.

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri Apr 2 12:57:52 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Interesting bug report. Not sure what might cause that, but it does beg
> the question - why aren't you using the native Linux version of StarOffice?

First, I think it's a good test case for wine, so it's good that he does it.
Second, in terms of practical application, it may make sense to use
the Windows version of cross platform apps like Mozilla and StarOffice,
as they may be better optimized, less bugs, etc.

So no, I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to do.

--
Dimi.

P.S. I always wanted to see how the Linux Mozilla compares to the
     Win32 Mozilla under Wine...