DDraw issues, etc.

Tim Hentenaar tth at one.net
Sun Apr 4 18:52:17 CDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:17:29 +0200 (CEST)
Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> Do you have an i810 sound card by any chance?

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio (rev 05)

> I'm asking this because there are known problems with sound on i810
> soundcards, especially if you are using the Alsa drivers.

I'm using the 2.6.0 kernel with the alsa kernel modules, and OSS emulation.

> It seems to be caused by a kernel bug which is triggered by the
> full-duplex mode:
>
> http://crossover.codeweavers.com/pipermail/discuss/2003-December/005653.html

Hmm.. I don't believe that my card is an i810, it could be, but I have the alsa drivers statically linked into my kernel and I forgot exactly which one it is.

Tim