Should winemaker be able to handle this

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Apr 4 22:30:45 CDT 2004

On April 3, 2004 6:43 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> I agree on the A/B distinction. However even in the B case we need these
> options for those cases where winemaker generates a whole lot of
> makefiles.

Right. We need to support that case, but it seems that we need a way
to include stuff in the generated Makefiles. So, instead of adding all
these options, maybe we can find a way to simply allow the user to
include stuff in the generated Makefile. Something simple, like:

winemaker -A 'DEFS=-DSTRICT ...'

where -A will simply add the argument as a line at the beginning of
the generated Makefile. This is easier to implement, document, etc.,
and it's general enough that we don't have to keep adding options
to support all sorts of users.

--
Dimi.