CryptoAPI

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:46:47 CDT 2004

> Has anybody started implementing CryptoApi in WINE?? If no mayby someone
> can give me some clues how to start... I am not bad i C++ I think, but I
> have never make thing like that. I don't promise I will do that, but I
> can try... :)

It depends on which part you are trying to implement.
For the Certificate Store functions I would recommend implementing the "OID
support functions" first, as it is indicated by
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/security/se
curity/cryptography_functions.asp that a number of other functions depend on
them. The OID's are looked up from a set of builtin types (see CertOpenStore
reference) and from the registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\OID.
Some other tips: MSDN is a good resource for information. Try to implement
functions using other Win32 functions. Write test programs to run against
the Wine and Microsoft versions of the DLLs.

Hope this information helps,

Rob