DDraw issues, etc.

Tim Hentenaar tth at one.net
Tue Apr 6 01:30:58 CDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:58:44 +0200
Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:

> So you should just have to loop over all the rectangles and do the
> 'copy_on_screen' as many times as there are rectangles.
>
> Of course, if they overlap, this method will still work except that we would
> 're-Blit' some parts multiple times (we would just need to do the
> optimisations later on).

Hmm... should this be implemented in DirectDrawSurface::Blt()?

> Well, it's in my plans to do the GL 'port'... It could even be done pretty
> easily (as almost all of the code already exists in the D3D part of the
> code). It would be mightily hacky, but well, it may even work :-)

I'd say it'd be a bit faster than the current implementation, at least in most cases :P

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I've had a stroke of bad luck recently and had lost my will to code for a short time, and my will is back :) If there's anything I hate, it's losing my will to code, there isn't much else that's worse :P

Tim