Window management thoughts

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Apr 6 11:47:07 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

> So, me and Mike have been discussing some ideas for window management in
> Wine. Currently it hasn't turned into code, but I thought I'd write up
> what our thoughts were so others could comment and maybe be inspired to
> write patches.
>
> <snip>
>
> IIRC it's possible to ask the WM for identification which means this
> setting could be largely autodetected by having blacklists of WMs to use
> the old mode for (or vice-versa).

Do you have any list of WM that would likely be put on such a "WM
blacklist"? Maybe that makes it easier to decide what to do. For example if
either Gnome, KDE, XFCE or blackbox would be on that list it might be
better to ask the WM projects first to fix it before going this route?

On the other hand, if you are sure it would work better on WMs that support
it, then why not?

        Henk Poley <><