Status of TAPI

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 8 01:48:32 CDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:48:58 +0200, you wrote:

> > 1) that modems are kind of old technology, so the incentive to implement
> > it is rapidly disappearing
> > 2) most of the interface that TAPI provides (dialing modems, and
> > starting ppp) needs to be implemented natively anyway.
>
> This (dutch..) site provides some TAPI patches for Wine that are not in CVS:
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/wijn/girotel/
>
> I don't know how helpfull they are. Andreas, you could contact the author.
> He is still maintaining the patches, but due to lack of input no longer
> keeps his site up to date.

Well I am the author of those patches and I'm afraid there is no chance
that they will help Andreas case. It is an extreme hackish
implementation of a data modem tailored to a single application. No
notion of drivers, certainly no support for external drivers and control
panel interface.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes