Serial Port Problem

Juergen Veith janvi at despammed.com
Fri Apr 9 09:27:02 CDT 2004

> I already posted this on gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
> but didn't get a response, maybe I have more luck here.
>
> I'm running wine-20040309 on a SuSE 8.2 system and trying
> to get Keil µVision2 Evaluation Version (Integrated Development

Connecting to a Motorola microcontroller I also have no success.
Found a very strange behavior for SetCommState what returns from
wine without error but nothing happens at the DTR and RTS line
outputs.

Would be nice if some wine experts check this problem. Therefore
I setup a small example project what can switch DTR and RTS outputs.
It has been tested with W95/98,NT4,2000,XP successfull, but does
not work with Wine. No fixme output in console, nothing happens,
except that both lines go active when the port is opened. (must
not do this)

http://veith.homeip.net/winedtrtest/DTRTest.zip