wine native linux executable /

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Apr 10 01:50:58 CDT 2004

On April 9, 2004 5:58 am, Arne Gellhaus wrote:
> >Yes you can. This BW is a very good reason to have a Winelib application.
>
> Is there some documentation available? I tried to compile my application

Yes, the Winelib User Guide, but unfortunately (large) parts of it
are currently obsolete.

> with g++ and linked it with winelib, but it segfaulted when it called
> winapi functions. So the only way i got my program working was using
> wineg++.

That's the right thing to do, and the recommended method.
You are on the right track. :)

> There are some missing types and some redefined types. I think this is
> because Common C++ wasn`t written with wine in mind. Is there a way to
> get this working without teaching Common C++ that it is possible to have
> winapi on linux?

Common C++ was ported to Win32, so it should be easy to teach it that
about that. This is probably the simplest way forward IMO. If you run
into problems, I can help you out.

--
Dimi.