exec-shield workaround take 2

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 11 04:20:16 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> It seems it's turned from being an normal (albiet static) app which
> reserves the areas needed then boots wine, into a reimplementation of
> ld-linux.so?

This isn't all bad.  Consider: we could add the ability to load
PE executables and shared libraries into this private ld-linux.so.
At that point, the need for winelib executables to be shared
libraries goes away, doesn't it?
And that would make everybody very, very happy, as it would
solve the problem that made mono and everybody else fork wine
just so they could load Windows DLLs into native linux apps.

Or am I confused?  Wouldn't be the first time...
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com