shell32 - file not found

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 12:39:26 CDT 2004

Hi Juan,

> Martin wrote:
> > But we could use the expression
> > "MAKE_HRESULT(SEVERITY_ERROR, FACILITY_WIN32,
> > ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" instead.
>
> A shorter version is
> HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND).

Yes, this would also be a possible solution.
But HRESULT_FROM_WIN32 contains some extra logic,
which is not necessary in this case since we know already
there occured an error. (Sure - this can be optimized away
be the compiler.)

> Question: could you not change _ILCreateFromPathA to
> return an HRESULT?

Sure. If you also change "your" ;-)  _ILCreateFromFindDataA() to
return HRESULT, we can make at least some error returns a bit more
descriptive.

Regards,

   Martin