dlls/richedit/reader.c

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Fri Apr 16 12:28:08 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Krylov [mailto:phil at newstar.rinet.ru]
>
> Friday, April 16, 2004, 3:56:41 PM, you wrote:
>
> GvG> Changelog:
> GvG>   Ge van Geldorp <gvg at reactos.com>
> GvG>   Work around problem in NSIS installers which can't
> handle 1 char
> GvG>   at a time reading of RTF text.
>
> To make it fully compatible with MS richedit, the buffer size
> should be not 10 chars, but 4096. Although it's not
> documented, all versions of MS Richedit always use this value.

Yes, I noticed that too when testing with the MS richedit (but I must
confess I didn't test all versions...). I tried to minimize the change
to Wine's richedit, since minimal changes seem to have a better chance
of getting accepted. I'll submit another patch with a 4096 buffer size
and then Alexandre can pick the one he likes best.

Ge van Geldorp.