List other downloads on winehq

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Sun Apr 18 06:45:41 CDT 2004

> Does somebody have a list of what can be
> found (and installed on a non-Windows platform) on Microsoft's site?
It's not a complete list, but I've got the following links
vb runtime
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en
the windows installer for win9x
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&DisplayLang=en
the windows installer for winnt/2k
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&DisplayLang=en
The comctl32 dll, the eula says you can only distribute it with an app that runs
on windows, but it also says you can use it, and doesn't say that to do so you
need a windows license (The eula is the same one you get with the sdk), so it's
ok to use it on wine.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f94d31a-d1e0-4658-a566-93af0d8d4a1e&displaylang=en
gdi+ components, same license as comctl32
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfc0b436-9015-43e2-81a3-54938b6f4614&DisplayLang=en
CAPICOM.DLL
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=860ee43a-a843-462f-abb5-ff88ea5896f6&DisplayLang=en
ShFolder DLL
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6ae02498-07e9-48f1-a5d6-dbfa18d37e0f&DisplayLang=en

I think all these windows components can be used without problems on wine, but
probably winehq can't redistribute any of them. BTW, we have dcom95 on the
sourceforge page, this is a violation of the sf TOS, wouldn't it be a good idea
to link to the microsoft dcom95 download page instead? Like this we'll user
their bandwidth, and save a little for sf.net.

Ivan.