Installing DCOM98 with latest CVS

pvriens at xs4all.nl pvriens at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 18 09:58:58 CDT 2004

Hi,

I was trying to install dcom98.exe with the latest CVS and run into
several errors ranging from file-not-found errors upto problems with
getting the free diskspace of drives. Tracing showed (amongst others):

trace:file:GetLongPathNameW L"E:\\TOOLS",0x406cf144,1024
trace:file:RtlDosPathNameToNtPathName_U
(L"E:\\TOOLS",0x406cde4c,0x406cde54,(nil))
trace:file:RtlGetFullPathName_U (L"E:\\TOOLS" 520 0x406cdc08 0x406cde54)
trace:file:RtlDosPathNameToNtPathName_U At the end, returning TRUE
trace:file:GetLongPathNameW not found L"E:\\TOOLS"!

so we didn't get an handle from RtlDosPathNameToNtPathName_U !

After some extra tracing I decided to revert some patches and got this
installation working after reverting the following patches:

http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/wine/dlls/kernel/volume.c.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.8

   log : Reimplemented GetDiskFreeSpaceW and GetDiskFreeSpaceExW

http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/wine/dlls/kernel/change.c.diff?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

   log : Make FindFirstFileExW and FindFirstChangeNotificationW use
NtOpenFile directly

http://cvs.winehq.org/cvsweb/wine/files/drive.c.diff?r1=1.114&r2=1.115

   log : Reimplemented GetDiskFreeSpaceW and GetDiskFreeSpaceExW

I will investigate further, but just to let you know. I didn't try other
programs. Everything done on a clean non-windows installation.

Cheers,

Paul.