Make Unicode strings 'static const' (part 3)

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Mon Apr 19 10:48:32 CDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Francois Gouget wrote:

> As for the previous patch it's important to check that the function does
> not actually try to write to these strings. And indeed there are a few
> cases where the function modifies the string, typically to change the
> drive letter in strings like 'A:\'.

What about a list of things that weren't "const static"-ied?
Maybe we should have a policy of having such string as *always*
"const static" (and maybe have puk's sparse tool warn for non
conforming ones), and in places where they need to modify them,
they just copy them on stack explicitly...

--
Dimi.