User friendly wine [former: List other downloads on winehq]

hatky hatky at hatky.myz.info
Mon Apr 19 17:07:26 CDT 2004

Actually I think we should put wine tools in winehq downloads (or even in
packaged binaries) if frank/foeke will agree.

1. It allows to setup the fake drive many users get stuck with setuping
2. It allows to install all the basic stuff from ms like fonts, dcom........
3. It allows to install some known programs that have been known to work

I would like to see it have more programs as the support of onebase with wine
includes something like there used to do on the n64 emulators that
distributed a file listing games, automatic configuration and their known
working status, would be a BIG step forward to users enjoying the great work
of the wine hackers.

It may be even better to have a script that installs it all in wine inself but
will probably involve to much leagel discussion so I retract even saying
that :).

Back to the suggestion before, it we can make some join of appdb with wine
tools to always update tested programs and their hack IMHO wine will get one
of the bigest boosts in community possible....

Just my 2cent worth,
Flames wellcome.

Wine tools links:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winetools/ (old version, but why frank? :( )