List other downloads on winehq

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Mon Apr 19 18:42:26 CDT 2004

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:

>>In some jurisdictions...
>>

>OK, in all jurisdictions that recognise the rule of law and the right of
>copyright holders. I'm sure you could use it in Somalia or Iraq without anybody
>sueing you.

In Sweden it's like this:

IE is availible as a download on the web.
However, you are allowed to use it on your own however you wish.

Why so?

Any additional license agreements are click-through or whatever. In
Sweden a contract done
like that is not valid. It has to be an oral or written agreement
between two
(juridical or physical) persons.

This leaves us with plain copyright law.
IE is still copyrighted of course, so you may not be permitted to spread
it further.

But since you have not agreed to any license, you are free to personally
use your
download however you wish.

/Jakob