winetest testing

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Apr 21 09:09:15 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> I didn't really look how winetest works and I have some other
> things to do so I can't help at the moment, sorry.

No problem, I was half joking, but also you are very good with
tests, and your expertise in the matter would certainly be
appreciated. As for winetest, it's very simple: it simply unpacks
out xxxx_test.exe, runs them, and collects their output for
submission to WineHQ.

> That means that a compiler used for producing the test is broken,
> because both MS' cl.exe and gcc --no-cygwin produce a working
> binary.

Right. It seems that Feri used an old version of MinGW.

> =======
> From: Hans Leidekker <hans at it.vu.nl>
> To: wine-devel at winehq.com <wine-devel at winehq.com>
>
> On Saturday 27 March 2004 02:20, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>
> > generated.c:542: Test failed: TYPE_ALIGNMENT(*(LPWIN32_STREAM_ID)0) == 8
> > (expected 4) generated: 842 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 1 failure.
> > * NOTE: the same test compiled by cl.exe (MS compiler) works as expected,
> > * so that's most likely a gcc bug. (gcc version 3.3.1 (cygming special))
>
> Same here (GCC 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1)). It appears
> that this compiler defaults to --malign-double. When I
> specify --mno-align-double the test succeeds.

Paul, Kevin, Feri: it looks like we need to specify this -mno-align-double
when building the tests. Should this go into Wine's Makefiles?

> > I disagree. A read-only edit control is always better for
> > this type of info (as you can easily copy from it), and it's
> > standard practice in Windows GUIs.
>
> What kind of info do you want to copy from winetest edit boxes?

Well, they are dir names, maybe I want to paste them into Explorer
to see what I have there, etc. I don't want to write the ugly name
down just so I can look in there. Besides, I like the way an edit
box looks for that type on info...

--
Dimi.