RFH: winetest testing

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Apr 21 16:58:11 CDT 2004

Henk Poley <hpoley at dds.nl> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Henk Poley <hpoley at dds.nl> writes:

>>> On my (dutch) Windows 98 SE Lite (see www.litepc.net)
>>> install it needed quite a lot of user interaction. In the
>>> sense of clicking [Ok] on error boxes. Is that
>>> intentional? Should I have written them down?
>>
>> It's partly intentional, but as I can't see a single Win98
>> report on the summary page, I have to say that in your case
>> at least one isn't.  Could you please provide some details?
>
> If you can tell me where the partial report is stored I
> can send it to you.

It should be in %TEMP% with a name like res<digit>.  If you
can't find it, start winetest again and examine the log file
name in its window.  The old log file should be in the same
directory.

> The thing halted at the :input stuff (yes, I know, known
> bug), so the report was never sent. I waited 15 minutes or
> so, so the 2 minutes timout should have happened if it was
> just 'stuck' somewhere.

Now that's strange.  It may sound lame, but wasn't the
timeout dialog simply obscured by something else?  It
happened with me a couple of times...
--
Thanks for taking time,
Feri.