Wine detect patch (ignore previous whitespace patch)

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Apr 21 17:49:11 CDT 2004

Jakob Eriksson <jakov at vmlinux.org> writes:

> (Sorry about the linespace noise after print_version(),
>  emacs seems to change stuff behind my back when I save.)

Hi Jakob,

You'd better educate Emacs about your ways, otherwise all
your patches will be full of whitespace changes making them
very hard to review.  The indentation isn't consistent, but
if you want to fix this, do so in a separate patch, please!

> +    static const TCHAR wine[128] = {"Wine"};

I think we could use
       static const char wine[] = "Wine";
instead.  No wide characters in winetest for now.  But see below!

> +    if (running_on_wine ()) {  /* Make a an obvious signature for Wine */
> +       ext = 1;
> +
> +       ver.dwMajorVersion = 1;
> +       ver.dwMinorVersion = 1;
> +       ver.dwBuildNumber  = 1;
> +       ver.dwPlatformId   = 1;
> +       strncpy (ver.szCSDVersion, wine, sizeof (wine));
> +   }
> +

I think we can do better.  A single line like
       xprintf ("    bRunningUnderWine=%d\n", running_under_wine ());
as the first line of print_version() would do a perfect job
without masking anything else.
--
Feri.