winetest oddity - oleaut32: VarTest

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Apr 21 20:31:51 CDT 2004

I've been looking at vartest, specifically to speed it up since the tests I
added for VarMod() are the cause of its current excessive length.  Something
appears to be a bit different with mingw compiled tests vs. MSVC compiled
tests.

Under wine these tests run just fine, three fixmes popup.  I get two failures
when running the oleaut32 vartest on my XP machine.  This is compiled with
vc6sp5+processor pack.  Running the mingw compiled test from Paul Millar,
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/winetest-20040421-1000.zip,
there are thousands of failures for the same test.

Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?  One thing that came to mind
was that there are int64's used in the ole code, the test won't compile
cleanly under vc6 without the processor pack.  Maybe mingw is messing up the
int64's?

Chris