winetest: build & publishing

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Fri Apr 23 14:15:57 CDT 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 10:55 am, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>   1. Build Info
>      Feri want to move that in the resources, with good
>      reason. This will probably affect you very little,
>      but needs to be done. We can still keep it in the .zip
>      file (it is tiny) as it's a lot easier accessible for
>      others. However, if we do that, the file will need
>      to use DOS line ends, as this file will probably be
>      viewed by folks on Windows boxes. Anyway, from your
>      point of view it will probably mean a 'unix2dos' and
>      a 'cp' before the build.

No big deal, I'll make this change once there is a method in place

>   2. Uploading to SF
>      This works nice now, but I'm afraid it may not when we
>      have more than one person doing it. Namely, a release
>      needs to be created, will that not fail if it already
>      exists? Can we check that? If that's a problem, how are
>      we going to deal with it? Kevin, can you please try to
>      see if what happens if you upload two files (with
>      differents sfutils invocations) into the same release?

Creating a release that already exists will not result in an error, for example
when I was first working on this the release creation worked, but the file upload
did not..once this was fixed I ran again, and the release was simply overwritten
but as no files were already attached, I'm not sure if it will simply add files or replace
them..I'll check on this later

>   3. Downloading from SF
>      I just realized there is a time delay for the uploads
>      to be propagated to the mirrors. What URL are we going
>      to use for downloading? How long are we going to allow
>      for the propagation to happen? Anyone has experience
>      with this?

My only experience with automated downloads from sourceforge
are from Portage in Gentoo..they handle it using a url like
mirror://sourceforge/project/filename
and use some method of randomly determing a mirror to attempt,
if that fails it tries another mirror, etc until success

>   4. Release lifetime
>      It would be nice to have the "WineTest Files" package
>      visible on SF. I have made it so for testing purposes
>      now. However, it will become ugly soon, because we don't
>      hide the old releases. We can hide the entire package,
>      and that would solve the ugliness problem, but it would
>      be much nicer to have an automatic way of hiding old
>      releases, and having just the latest releases visible.
>      Can we maybe modify the sfutils to do this for us?

When publishing with sfutils its possible to flag the release as
hidden, but I'm not sure if you can flag an existing release without
overwriting it..I'll look into this as well