Winetest: outstanding issues (SERVING)

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Fri Apr 23 17:38:42 CDT 2004

Brian Vincent wrote:

>I didn't add in a formal method for doing this, but what we have right
>now is pretty much two different scenarios:
>
>1) winrash client has never downloaded a test.
>   - so we send them every winetest we have
>
>2) winrash client has downloaded a winetest
>   - we send them only the most current test we know of, then tell them
>     to come back in an hour and check for a new one.

I don't understand any of this and it worries me.

Do you mean separate tests, like "kernel32_crosstest.exe", or do you mean
"winetest.exe"?

Because if you mean the former, we have no mechanism for sending these
one by one.

If you mean the latter, I think it's a mistake to send anything but the
latest winetest.exe.

The idea is to evolve winetest.exe quickly, not pondering over old
broken releases...

If you mean something different entirely, I would be glad for an
explanation. :-)

regards,
Jakob