winetest: dissect & gather

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Fri Apr 23 20:55:57 CDT 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:
>>
>>> For a given BUILD_ID, we can have reports comming from
>>> different builds now, that is from different winetest-*.exe.
>>> That means a much of URLs, etc.
>>
>> That's abuse. :) BUILD_ID is intended to identify winetest,
>> not Wine.  We can change the design, basically it's about
>> the need of seeing any two reports on the same screen.
>
> Well, we had different understandings :) What we need is for
> the BUILD_ID to identify the _sources_ the tests were build
> from. But we may have different binaries (even if we build
> from the exact same sources), because we use different tool
> chains for example. I am sure we would want all results
> with the same build id to show up on the same page, so we
> can easily see the differences between them. Moreover, it
> would be crazy to create more than one page per day, it
> would be information overkill, nobody will take the time to
> go through them.

That's clear.  What about stuffing all this info into the
Tag dashes and dots are allowed in there.

>> I don't know about it anything.  Given some guidance I'm
>> willing to change gather, but seems like Jer is bogged down
>> too much...
>
> It looks like the changes are trivial, from what Jer is
> saying, no?

Yes.  I'm a little worried about having the files all across
the web server.  Currently the page uses relative links to
lots of small text files (report fragments).  How should we
handle these?  And what about the permissions?  Will Jer
give us lostwages/templates/en/reports so that gather can do
all its business there?
--
Feri.