winetest: dissect & gather

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Apr 23 23:31:45 CDT 2004

On April 23, 2004 9:55 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> That's clear.  What about stuffing all this info into the
> Tag dashes and dots are allowed in there.

In effect yes, but this is an implementation detail, we should
do it internally on the server side, not expose it outside.

The format shouldn't need to change. The Summary is computed
as it is now, as if all these reports had different tags.
The breakdown per OS would remain the same, with the difference
that things should be:
  -- grouped by TagID (user). So all reports comming from one
     box should be grouped together.
  -- we should try _hard_ to maintain the order of reports in
     each of these groups. If we sort the alphabetically...
  -- somehow show discretely these groupings, and identify
     each run?

> Yes.  I'm a little worried about having the files all across
> the web server.  Currently the page uses relative links to
> lots of small text files (report fragments).  How should we
> handle these?  And what about the permissions?  Will Jer
> give us lostwages/templates/en/reports so that gather can do
> all its business there?

I don't think that should be a problem, that's the beauty of
having our dir. In fact, you shouldn't care, we can either make
reports a symlink to our current dir, or change the config file
to point to this new report dir. Nothing should change.

--
Dimi.