String constification

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Apr 24 10:17:39 CDT 2004

On April 24, 2004 10:30 am, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> I prefer to not rely on a compiler's good will.

To be honest, I don't much see the point of this patch myself.
If you want to look at the constantness of strings, there was
an effort back in Oct 2003 by Daniel Marmier to fix things up
so that we can compile Wine with -Wwrite-strings:
    http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/10/0269.html

I am not sure if this was completed (Daniel did submit a lot of
patches to wine-patches back in Oct), but it certainly is a worthy
goal. We should probably finish this off, and add the flag by
default to CFLAGS.

Daniel, if you read this, do you remember the status? Some pointers
on what remains to be done would be appreciated.

--
Dimi.