SpecOpS David Exposed

Tim Hentenaar tth at one.net
Tue Apr 27 01:48:26 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:02:32 -0400
Abby Ricart <aricart at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> I think I know what this David thing is all about!
>
> Please Read:
> http://www.datiku.com/articles/david.php

Interesting theory. If that were true, then "David" could potentially be the most elaborate ripoff i've ever seen.

"The next generation will, in effect, incorporate the operating system into the web browser, virtually eliminating the need for an operating system eventually, except to boot the computer and launch the browser."

That would be a very scary thing. How in god's name could you incorporate an OS into a web browser, shouldn't it be the other way around? :P (well, they could have "david" running in Java, but that dosen't sound to feasable to me.)

Assuming that they did have "david" in the kernel, and also assuming that they hold true to thier comments that david takes away the risk for "blue screens", as they had put it, then more than likely people'd be seeing a lot of white text on a red screen saying something along the lines of "David has caused a Page Fault (GPF) in module david.ko (0xdeadbeef). Please restart your computer." (i.e. Red Screen of Death [RSOD]) :P

Tim