RFH: winetest testing

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Apr 28 06:59:13 CDT 2004

Francois Gouget wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Kevin Koltzau wrote:
>[...]
>

>>Under NT, services run under a dedicated window station separate from the interactive
>>window station. It is not possible for them to create windows, as there is no display or
>>user input associated with this windows station, they can however have a console

First of all, we are talking about "non-interactive serivces" only.

>I don't think that it is correct to say that services cannot cerate
>windows. From what I remember from the time I wrote a service and how I
>read the information at the URLs you provided, what happens is that a
>service can create windows but the user won't see them, and the user
>won't be able to send input of click on them.

Actually, I think the user WILL see them if she presses "ctrl-alt-del".
The GINA login window is one such window opened by a service, as well as
that thing that pops up only when you press ctrl+alt+del.

I hope this helps.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh