RegEdit problems

Krzysztof Foltman kfoltman at portal.onet.pl
Thu Apr 29 00:18:07 CDT 2004

During deployment of some Linux desktop setup I had a major problem with
WINE's regedit.

First, I don't seem to be able to edit the (default) values of the keys
(if they don't exist already ?).

Second, the Modify dialog has Cancel as its default button.

Third, there is no Find function.

There are also some weird error messages in unexpected places.

Is anybody working on it, or should I try it ? Using native regedit is
not an option, as our goal is to avoid being a BSA victim completely.

Krzysztof (who can't continue the RichEdit before getting the damn
desktop to work)