wineserver not reading config files

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Apr 30 05:31:23 CDT 2004

(Subject was: wineinstall problems at creation of config-files)

Ok, today I got less lazy and found function of interest:
/usr/src/wine-cvs/wine/server/registry.c:1114:    fprintf( stderr, "Line %d: %s '%s'\n", info->line, err, info->buffer );

Function name seems to be "file_read_error".

Plainly running /usr/local/bin/wineserver shows Line-errors, but killing
it (via winserver -k) and running it via gdb stops emitting mentioned
Line-errors to output:

[s2 at katleriai s2]$ gdb --quiet /usr/local/bin/wineserver
(gdb) break file_read_error
Breakpoint 1 at 0x805b91e: file registry.c, line 1114.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/wineserver

Program exited with code 02.
(gdb)

Maybe there is some complex methods on debugging wineserver's binary? I am
asking for help on that.

PS I had refreshed src from the CVS and recompiled Wine before trying to
debug it.