c:\\windows is not accessible message

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 1 07:53:42 CDT 2004

Hi guys,

It seems quite a few people have been seeing this message lately, and I'm
not sure why. This occurs even with a non-existant ~/.wine directory, so
wineprefixcreate should set up a correct system for them.

Examples:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204255&highlight=wine
http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-166324

This one seems to imply that the symlinks aren't being created properly:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2004/07/0022.html

but that sounds like a migration issue rather than something you'd
see with a clean .wine

If anybody has any ideas I'd love to track this one down. I am wondering
if it's to do with packaging, I have never been able to reproduce this
with Wine CVS builds (ie from source) but I know some packagers are still
shipping custom ~/.wine building scripts.

thanks -mike