Anyone writing COM tests?

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 2 11:06:09 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Debugging a problem I am having in COM (mentioned a few weeks ago), I
> think I know what the problem is but not where. So I figured some COM
> test would help me to understand how things should work. I was a bit
> surprised to see no COM tests, or at least I didn't find any in the ole*
> directories. So I figured if no one else is working on them, I might
> take a shot at it over the next few weeks/months. And maybe this would
> encourage some updates to the COM implementation.

I think writing (COM) tests is a great idea.
I have 'hit' a few bumps in the road of wine & COM in the past few weeks
and I would appreciate it if I can help with writing (specific)
testscenarios.

It would be great to have a small 'com test framework' & sample code to
base specific tests upon. I'm wondering though if all can be build
without problems : I'm used to VC6, but it would be better if things can
be (cross) build with mingw and/or gcc + with winelib.

Also generating proxy/stub code (without using midl) might be a problem
at this point.
---
Jeroen Janssen