make crosstest fails

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sat Aug 7 15:36:56 CDT 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 01:18, Francois Gouget wrote:

> Exactly. I got my libdxguid.a from the following URLs a couple of days
> ago:
> http://mirzam.it.vu.nl/mingw/
>
> I thought that was the special 'Wine edition' MinGW library but
> apparently not. Where can I find the special 'Wine edition'? I guess
> it's more likely to be updated on short order...

It *is* the special Wine edition, but it's only today that I found some
time to bring it up to date.  Essential changes:

 - update gcc to 3.4.1-20040711-1
 - remove dxguids patch to w32api
 - add mlang uuids patch to w32api
 - update mingw-runtime to 3.3
 - remove 2 patches to runtime accepted upstream

I was able to cross compile all Wine tests in current CVS. Find it here:

  http://mirzam.it.vu.nl/mingw/

> Should we have a link pointing to these special tools on WineHQ? Maybe
> on the resources page?
> http://www.winehq.org/site/resources

That's a good idea, though it's linked to already from here:

  http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cross-compiling-tests

> Or can we actually use this instead?
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-w32api-20040505.zip?download

Yes I have thought about that too. Advantage is that Wine tests are more
likely to compile and link. Disadvantage is that Wine get's less testing with
3rd party headers and/or import libraries. Maybe I should do a mingw-w32api
*and* a wine-w32api rpm package...

 -Hans