Wine's OLE/COM doesn't work, and I can no longer use native COM

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Sat Aug 7 16:02:31 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

> This is MS DAO. I do not know why your program has regressed but these
> traces don't show why native DCOM doesn't work.

OK, that checks - I know the program does use DAO.

As to native DCOM - when I tried to install it, it barfed. But...
> Are you running Wine in NT mode by any chance? If so then there was a
Yes, I am - I was under the impression that would give a better shot at
compatability since, when there is a mutually exclusive choice between
the 9X and the NT way, Wine tends to follow the NT way.

> regression there lately if you use 9x DCOM but I think it's fixed now.
> Easy enough to fix if not.

So you are suggesting that I attempt to re-install the Win98 DCOM
package? Should I change the ole* overrides to "native,builtin", and if
so, should I do so before or after installing the DCOM package? Should I
also change the Winver to 98, and if so, should I do so for all
programs, just the DCOM installer, or for the DCOM install + Mng6?