winedos: TSR (was MCB implementation)

markus.amsler at oribi.org markus.amsler at oribi.org
Tue Aug 10 09:23:15 CDT 2004

Quoting Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> markus.amsler at oribi.org writes:
>
> > Now, what should happen, if you start a TSR programm in a win32 shell
> (like
> > wcmd,Reactos cmd.exe or Windows cmd.exe)? Spawn FreeCOM, implement TSR
> somehow
> > in win32 (shell or ntdll) or no TSR support in win32 shells?
>
> No, TSR support doesn't make sense in Win32. What do you need it for?

I'm trying to run a DOS application, that uses a TSR as a database driver. So I
donn't need TSR support in win32. I was just thinking how TSR support should
look like in wine, and that involves what should happen if you start a TSR
programm in a win32 shell. You can run already DOS programms in Win32 shells,
so it's naturally to try running a TSR.

Markus