Different X Displays and Wine

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Tue Aug 10 11:29:31 CDT 2004

I'm trying to connect and run a remote X session from 2 different
machines and I fail to run Wine applications.
- I connect from Machine M1 using ssh -X (or -Y) run a wine app all is
very well.
- I connect from another Machine M2 using ssh -X using the same user.
The second instance fails with:
<message>
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xa0002b
  Serial number of failed request:  137
</message>

Needless to say that if I exit the Wine application on M1 than M2 will
run with out any problems.

[Q] Is it at-all possible to run Wine on 2 different $DISPLAY s, or is
the X-Server a Wine-Server resource. Will using a different user help?
Will using desktop mode help? Has any one been successful with letting
different network users connect and run Windows Apps under wine? How did
they Setup wine? How does Codeweavers do it with their Server Product?

Thanks in advance for any help (or failure reports) any one can give me.

Free Life
Boaz