winedos: TSR (was MCB implementation)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Aug 10 19:02:04 CDT 2004

markus.amsler at oribi.org writes:

> I'm trying to run a DOS application, that uses a TSR as a database driver. So I
> donn't need TSR support in win32. I was just thinking how TSR support should
> look like in wine, and that involves what should happen if you start a TSR
> programm in a win32 shell. You can run already DOS programms in Win32 shells,
> so it's naturally to try running a TSR.

The problem is that launching a DOS program from a Win32 shell creates
a new DOS box, so you can certainly run a TSR in there but your app
won't be able to access it since it won't run in the same DOS box. So
yes, you need to start the TSR from a DOS shell. But I suspect that a
real DOS emulator may be a better choice for your app than Wine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org