[QUARTZ] Some bug fixes

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sat Aug 14 08:06:58 CDT 2004

Christian Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the first of a serie of patches that implement an audio
> (dsound) & video (ddraw) renderers, a decoder (a VFW wrapper filter)
> and the IGraphBuilder interface.

Cool. I wish I had more time to work on this area.

> Actually I can do a playback of a MSVC/CRAM avi file with a winetest
> app but the code is very ugly (especially the IGraphBuilder interface
> which is somewhat harcoded) and I need to clean it a bit.

Looking forward to the patches :)

> Changelog:
> Added missing initialization of the filesource output pin critical
> section.

Good catch.

> Avoid indefinite wait when calling GetOverlappedResult.

This shouldn't happen. GetOverlappedResult should do a wait on the event
object, just like the wait above that succeeds (and GetOverlappedResult
is called) or times out (and GetOverlappedResult is not called). I
suspect that the bug is elsewhere, perhaps an event should be created
for each request and then WaitForMultipleObjects used.

> Fixed initial refcount of the IMemAllocator object.

Good catch again. This was originally correct, but I believe I changed
the class factory to avoid this silly convention.

Rob