[QUARTZ] Some bug fixes

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 14 09:38:45 CDT 2004

>> Avoid indefinite wait when calling GetOverlappedResult.
>

> This shouldn't happen. GetOverlappedResult should do a wait on the
> event object, just like the wait above that succeeds (and
> GetOverlappedResult is called) or times out (and GetOverlappedResult
> is not called). I suspect that the bug is elsewhere, perhaps an event
> should be created for each request and then WaitForMultipleObjects used.

BTW, I meant infinite wait...

Well, some lines above the GetOverlappedResult, there is a
WaitForSingleObject on the event and since the event is resetted
automatically there (the event is not manual) GetOverlappedResult will
wait forever.
There is no bug elsewhere its a rather simple win32 related problem.
Anyway, we may make use of a manual event for real asynchronous requests.
The avi splitter don't do that at the moment so the current
implementation is enough.

Thanks for the comments. :-)
Christian