More winecfg todos

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Aug 16 16:06:58 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> I guess so - please send this patch to me ASAP as I was planning on
> hacking winecfg a bit next week (dunno if I'll have time but ...) so it'd
> be nice if I could work from latest sources.
>
> I'm not really convinced that being able to configure these paths is a
> useful thing but I guess if people want to use a real Windows drive it may
> be handy.

No, I don't think we want to make the paths configurable that way. At
least for the windows and system dirs, they will most likely be
embedded in the registry somewhere so you can't change them without
reinstalling everything; and there's no real reason to anyway. What we
should have is a "import real Windows drive" button that lets you
point to a Windows partition and set things up properly based on
that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org