Different X Displays and Wine

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Aug 17 19:26:27 CDT 2004

"Eric Frias" <efrias at syncad.com> writes:

> I'm curious how much work would be involved in fixing this correctly.  I've
> never looked at the wineserver code, so I don't know if this would just be a
> matter of adding another variable to a data structure that gets passed
> around to all of the windowing code, or if this would require major changes
> to the way wineserver works.  If it's reasonably easy, I might be able to
> make the fix or lend some assistance; if it is a large amount of work, we'll
> probably be happy with the workaround we have.

Basically you need to change the window management code in the server
to support multiple window hierarchies, and create one hierarchy per
display; then you need to associate related things like clipboard or
window classes to the proper hierarchy. It basically boils down to
implementing the Windows concept of desktops and window stations. It's
not very hard, but it's still a bit of work.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org