WineSetupTk...

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Wed Aug 18 11:01:36 CDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:20:17AM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> >I didn't realize that WineSetupTk was depreciated when I wrote. I just
> >want to play StarCraft and Diablo and was finding the documentation a bit
> >hard to follow. (I couldn't find my .wine.conf file and got stuck, that's
> >why I thought I needed WineSetupTk.) I will poke at it a bit myself and if
> >I can figure out how it works, maybe then I can make a suggestion or two
> >for clearing up the documentation. (Who maintains the documentation, BTW?)

I doubt there's a one maintainer - if there was, it'd be listed with the
documentation in credits or something, but maybe u can submit the
patches somehow... maybe try reading sf policies on submitting stuff to
a project?

> OK, what specifically were you trying to configure. Our aim (obviously)
> is that StarCraft and such should work out of the box with no
> configuration needed.

It's worth noting that an installation process that works with release A
might not work on release B because there are improvements in (or not
in) release B that require a different or appendment to the process
(than) in release A, regardless of which is older/newer.