Backtrace Dumps

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Aug 18 13:52:30 CDT 2004

Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:

> I'm sure every semi-involved Wine developer can imagine dozens of
> "reasons of the day" why winedbg doesn't launch properly on error again...
> Failure in wine exception handling code, failure to look up winedbg
> (both registry and disk), failure to pass winedbg cmdline parameters properly,
> failure to get winedbg started up properly, failure to get winedbg to
> parse the current modules and stack frame properly, ...

Well, I can also imagine a lot of cases where the in-process backtrace
won't work right, the main one being that since the code will never be
used unless you want a backtrace, when you try to use it you'll
realize that it no longer works, or doesn't even compile anymore. If
we call the debugger instead, it will use the standard backtrace code
which is always compiled in, and regularly used by a lot of people.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org