bug

Ivan Leo Puoti puoti at inwind.it
Wed Aug 18 17:11:57 CDT 2004

Since futimes is used instead of utime the installer of word viewer 97 has had a
few installation issues.
For a start, when the setup looks for installed components, it goes into a non
infinite loop that lasts a few minutes.
This only took a few seconds previously. I don't know what is causing this slow
performance.  The changelog of the patch that caused this regression says "so
that it can be done on the client side.", maybe doing the call on client side
makes it slow because the call has to go trough wineserver? I don't know. Also
the graphics aren't redrawn until the loop ends. A relay log of the loop
follows. I'm not very confident that I'll be able to fix this myself, but any
help/hints are welcome.
Interestingly the loop doesn't occur during a call to kernel.dll.SetFileTime()
that's the function modified by the patch.
The patch that causes the problem is http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=11722
Subsequent patches have obviously modified the function, but this hasn't solved
the problem. MAybe the subsequent patches avoid an infinite loop (I don't
remember the loop finishing with wine from a few months ago).

Ivan.