Document an API difference

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri Aug 20 16:26:33 CDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm documenting a probable API result difference between Wine and
Windows. At the moment, this is no longer a problem as far as I'm
concerned, so there is no point for me to write regression tests and fix
it, but this may be stopping someone else.

It seems that if you call "select" with a FD set that holds the same
file descriptor more than once, Wine's and Window's responses are
different. Under windows, you get a statement saying that only one FD is
active. Under Wine, you get as many as the number of times the repeating
FD is in the set.

Like I said, this does not affect, as far as I know, any program, so I'm
not sure we need to fix it. I just wanted the list's archive to have a
mention of this issue.

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh