MS Visio 2000 not working with wine.

Tom twickline at sitestar.net
Sat Aug 21 14:34:09 CDT 2004

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
>> James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone got MS Visio 2000 working with wine?
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> I am using the current cvs of wine. Without any Windows OS already
> installed.
> I attach a debug trace of trying to install Visio2000.
> wine Visio2000.EXE
>
> Can anyone give me advice on how to diagnose this further?
>
> James

Hi James,

Well it will install and run but your going to have to put some
work into it :)

I just installed it again in a clean .wine and this is what I did.

1) install dcom98
2) install native windows installer
3) install IE 6.0
4) remove conflicting dll's from IE 6 install that halts the Visio update.
5) install a couple native dlls so the installer will run
6) install visio
7) replace dlls that I removed from IE 6 install
8) tweak the config a little
9) run Visio

Regards,

Tom

A proof shot that it works with wine :-)