[QUARTZDRV] Preliminary support for native OS X graphics

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Aug 23 06:07:16 CDT 2004

> Is it? Given the complexity and amount of work done on the x11drv it
> seems silly to duplicate all that effort. The x11drv is worked on by the
> entire Wine development team right now, so any quartzdrv would always be
> playing catchup. Well, if they want to spend their time doing that, fine
> by me ...

Well, by 'the entire Wine development team' you mean Alexandre :-) ?

I, for one, am happy that people are using our driver model to write new
drivers as it could serve as a proof of concept that our driver model is
sound (think about GL / Cairo / 'DBI engine' kind of drivers).... Heck, if
we only wanted to support one driver, why do all the job of doing a clean
separation and not include X11 in Wine's GDI directly ?

      Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/