[QUARTZDRV] Preliminary support for native OS X graphics

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Mon Aug 23 07:50:06 CDT 2004

Mike,

Having Native Graphics Driver for Mac OS X is important for Mac User,
since a X11 Apps doesn't behaves like a "normal" Mac OS X App. For
instance, there is no icon for it in the Dock, which is indeed
important. Moreover I am not convinced about the x11drv speed on Mac OS
X. I didn't investigate much here, but the DGA extensions seems to be
capital, and I don't think we'll get DGA on Mac OS X due to its
windowserver architecture.

Any way it is exciting to have an other driver other than x11drv and
ttydrv ;)

Pierre